Running Shoes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are very comfortable, and I got a good deal on them through REI.

I have heard that New Balance shoes are manufactured entirely in the U.S., but I don't know if it is true or not.

I have heard that New Balance shoes are manufactured entirely in the U.S., but I don't know if it is true or not.

Not really the case, but they have a high percentage of shoes made in 5 plants in New England. Also, some of the components come from overseas.

I think it would be fair to say that they produce more of their products domestically than most major market athletic shoe makers though.

ScubaMax:patriot:

I read somewere to purchase two sets at the same time and rotate them, it allows more time for the material to return to it's original shape after the pounding of a long run. That did seem to help me at the time. I was doing a three day cycle 10 m / 15 m / off day getting ready for the Shamrock in VA

The Saucony shoes seemed to get double the mile's of others I had tried before wearing out to the point I would develop knee pain...

The post above recommending going to a specialty store is right on... I would have your running style evaluated and then after deciding on a shoe that works look for it on-line at a better price...

Jeff

I have tried a lot of different shoes out there...my favorite..New Balance.(I honestly didn't look at the series #)..I spent 5 years running almost everyday, in the 82nd Airborne division.....They held up through just about anything...running on roads/sand/hills/water.....even weekend skydives....I bought 2 pairs the whole time I was there...They held up just fine...except for the nice smell :eek:ut: I still have a pair...they just don't get the same amount of miles put on them....so, they should last forever!!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom