RSTC med form (probably again)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMyMyOHellYes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
OK - Page 2 -- if you answer "Yes" to a box on page 1 and it refers you to a box to complete on page 2, you need to answer those boxes. But if Page 1 does not refer you to a particular box on page 2, do you still need to answer those page 2 boxes?

Reading the form, I'm saying "No", but it is not a big whoop to check all the boxes, but is it expected?

You’re only required to fill out the second page if you’ve answered yes to any of the first page questions. You’ll need a physical if you answer yes to a first page AND yes to a second page question

Thanks, but the question is what parts of page 2 need to be filled out, not the requirement for a medical sign off.

I assume you are talking about the current form, which I have never dealt with personally. As I see it, page one is a screening device to see if you need to do the other pages. If you answered yes to question 3, 5, or 10, you have to see a physician, and you have to show those pages to the physician. Your physician will be expected to give you a physical, and the boxes on page 2 will then be unimportant.

Thanks, but the question is what parts of page 2 need to be filled out, not the requirement for a medical sign off.
It seems self-explanatory

Question 1, Box A
Question 2, Box B
Question 3, no referral
Question 4, Box C
Question 5, no referral
Question 6, Box D
Question 7, Box E
Question 8, Box F
Question 9, Box G
Question 10, no referral

A yes answer to questions 3, 5, or 10 or a yes answer to any question on page 2 requires a physician evaluation.

I did some training last December and only turned in page 3, clearing me for dive training.

I've done these every year for years and always checked a box for each line on P 2.

But I don't see that as necessary, but if I were a doc, I don't know if I'd sign a partially filled in form.

So I over-thought and over-engineered and over executed it taking 5 times more time and resources than if I had just checked "NO" to all the items in those boxes:

1726614164486.png

I'm unsure if getting the full Adobe Acrobat package, at the end of the day, was a good move for me.

Before going, I fill out everything for them on the signature page - date (in dictated format), name, address, degrees/Credentials, address, phone, etc. - everything except for the "Approved/Not Approved" box and their signature.

I've done these every year for years and always checked a box for each line on P 2.

But I don't see that as necessary, but if I were a doc, I don't know if I'd sign a partially filled in form.
You are only required to fill in the boxes on pg 2 if you answered yes to the corresponding screening question on page 1.

You are only required to fill in the boxes on pg 2 if you answered yes to the corresponding screening question on page 1.
I do answer yes to being over 45 and other med conditions. I fill in the appropriate boxes for those questions.

Nevermind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom