Royal resorts Cancun , and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe it was that it wasn't going to be rebuilt until next year...like March or April?

I did a night dive with Scuba Cancun when I was down there, and I agree it was okay. But the water was mucho frio! It was like 76 degrees on Punta Negra at 50 ft. Man, that is as warm as the quarry up here! I was shocked that there was a thermocline as well. Scuba Cancun has really gone down hill from three years ago.

I hate diving with people banging and crashing into you. So, I try to find smaller ops that may cost a bit more (actually, not in this case with Ben) and have fewer divers. I've had a couple of people tell me that Coz is like that. I'd do it once just to dive Coz, then look for a tech op over there.

I'm going to try to get back maybe in May. Maybe the water will have warmed up by then...:D

Hey Jack!

I haven't been to La Placita, thanks for the recommendation. I actually haven't been to Cancun in a while. Since I got divorced, I go to Cozumel instead, although we went to Playa del Carmen this year, so we flew into Cancun. I don't really go for the sweet, fancy coffee either. Next time we are around there we'll have to head into Cancun centro and try La Placita.

I just checked on the TUG board (timeshare users group) and people have been told that it will be open by November 2006.
Thanks for all of the infomation, can't wait to go.
We may even have 3 other famalies going with us, my sister and family and my wife's sister and family , and one of my other sisters.
My sister wants to do a scuba intro while we are there, go figure.
Thanks, Jim Breslin

Don,

If you get back down there, let me know how you like it. I'll have to check out the place you were talking about.

Jim,

I hope you have a great trip! Be sure to post a trip report when you get back and let us know how you liked it. HOpe all the other family members make it as well. We love Cancun.

Jack

Hello Mate,
I'm Allen, I'm a Brit & have a small travel business in Cancun, and highly recommend Ben Mooney of Mayan Aqua Dive - www.mayanaquadive.com
He is British and has more than 3 years Dive Experience in and around the Cancun Area. I send all my British Military clients to him, and every one of them has only good things to say about his business.
Drop them a line and tell him your a client of mine... you'll get a 10% Discount on all Dives. Also, let me know when you'll arrive, and i'll get some of my Discount cards to you.
Regards
Al

Just went in May. Solo Buceo is onsight by the pool. you can reserve through the thomas moore desk. they have a really good ratio of DM's to divers 1:2 or 1:3. you meet them at the hut by the pool in the morning and they drop you off at the dock by the Dreams cancun resort and then shuttle you back when your done. Hacienda sisal at the Sands was great. El Conquistador is a small cozy place and served the best meal we had on the whole trip. At the Royal Caribbean it's a real long walk down alot of stairs to the beach. Royal sands is the best Royal resort. have fun

Hi Guys, & especially Jack...

Thanks for the plugs & everything, it's really appreciated.... I would just like to add my comments to this, especially as I run a business here in Cancun.

For those of you who require dives in and around Cancun... be it in the Beautiful Caribbean or in a Cenote.. you will be depriving yourselves of a once in a life time opportunity if you do not go diving with Ben Mooney. Yes, he is a new dive shop, and has only recently opened his business... however, I now send all of my Military scuba divers to him, and have had nothing but good reports back.

Yes, that might be baised on my behalf, as I am one Brit plugging another... but since I was a former member of the British Military, I strive for perfection. Only the Best will do for me, and that is where I send my clients.

Ben was the Dive master at Scuba Cancun, and I used to send all of my clients there.. where they qualified and said how good things were. Now, I send my dive customers to Ben, in his own business... point taken !! He is a great instructor, and you get only the best from him.

If his shop is good enough for the professionals of the British Armed Forces, then, that should be a good enough qualification for anybody else out there seriously considering a scuba diving experience in Cancun.

I would strongly recommend that you contact Ben before even considering anything else... don't be a sheep and follow the Big Safe crowds... think small and personal & add a little adventure, think for yourselves & don't let those tour reps do the talking for you !!! Enough said !!

www.mayanaquadive.com

Over & Out !!!
Al

Well its now my family at the Royal Caribbean, My SIL and family at the Royal Islander, and neighbor at the Royal Caribbean.
Waiting on an exchange for my sister to any of the Royals, and another sister on the fence about the trip due to the high cost of airfare.
I now have a total of three divers on this trip. My neighbor is a blue water only diver. He has about 100 dives in and wants to dive with us this trip.
This trip just seems to be growing.
Jim Breslin

Ps: Captain's Cove should be opening by the end of the month. They say is will be bigger and better than before Wilma's visit.

That's great to hear, Jim! All nice resorts. Captain's Cove was great. Never saw any alligators around the dock though.

Just as an aside, you might want to have the other sister check with USA 3000. They have run trips down to Cancun at a very reasonable rate. They fly out of Chicago too.

Spratman,
I just looked at USA 3000, and they are sold out for the week we are going.
Thanks for the tip, I will look at them for our next trip to Cancun.
Jim Breslin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom