Rookie Dives in Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Happy2BMe

Registered
Reaction score
We are getting our open water certification next week in Maui, and have the good fortune to be going to Grand Cayman in early April. Obviously, we won't have much experience - what are some good dive sites for beginning divers in Grand Cayman?

Stingray City - most fun you'll ever have in 15' of water.

Sunset House reef - good diving including the Mermaid in 50fsw. Easy reef access from their "sea pooll" once you're comfortable.

Divetech @Turtle Reef - Easy entry down steps to a shallow cove with a 40yd. swim out to a mini-wall that doesn't exceed about 65'. And a really nice dive also, there's lots of things to see going down the wall. Ask the diveop to direct you to the tarpon resting in the shadows. And watch overhead for turtles. imho it's the best shoredive on GC.

Eden Rock is a shallow divesite right in Georgetown. Easy entry, good facilities, but the divesite has seen better days. Probably doesn't exceed about 40' anywhere. Don't penetrate in the Devils Grotto area as some of that would be considered overhead diving.

Boat diving: The Aquarium is an easy shallow dive. Also Peter's Reef.

My son a I are newbies that went to Grand Cayman 3 months ago. We did all the dives mentioned in the previous posts except for Peter's reef. I think these are the classic beginner's dives and all were enjoyable. I agree the Turtle farm dive is the best of those listed and we did it twice. I can certainly recommend Dive Tech at Cobalt Coast. We dove with 3 different operators and they were definitely the most knowledgable. Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom