Romblon lately?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The overnight ferry option for Luzon to Romblon really makes sense for divers due to comparable cost (even with a cabin), ability to carry more gear without hassle, and no loss of dive days. We had family obligations that required us to fly to give us an extra day in Manila. Initially, the ferry was our first choice to gain an extra two days (in practical terms) of diving. Hope to hear from Makar0n how the diving was around Alad, Logbon and Bang-og Islands! ;-)

Haha need to sift through photos first and perhaps add some to the longer write up, but in short - amazing! Close to 30 different kind of nudis, 10's of crabs, few different seahorses (including 3 different kind of pygmy) and even a frog fish...and no other divers in sight. Definitely very glad did not bother with Anilao :)

Thank you both for the info. I think it might make sense for me to fly to Tablas for my outbound leg and get the ferry back for the return leg to not lose a days diving.

The next decision for me is Three P v Sunset Cove. If you have any views on why one would be preferable over the other pls let me know. Thanks.

Thank you both for the info. I think it might make sense for me to fly to Tablas for my outbound leg and get the ferry back for the return leg to not lose a days diving.

The next decision for me is Three P v Sunset Cove. If you have any views on why one would be preferable over the other pls let me know. Thanks.

So from my side after being to Sunset Cove twice now, to keep it short:
1) Nitrox (and 100% O2) - helps with that pesky NDL especially if you do 3+ dives a day over a longer period. Also very organized and safe handling of this i.e. testing, logging and labeling all cylinders (name, %, MOD)
2) No dive time limit (done even 100 min) and in general total flexibility as to when/where/how do you want to run the dive
3) Speedboat (not applicable currently but with engine working its a completely different league vs bangkas)
4) Alad Island dive sites and its general location (ie pretty central to all dive sites including WA)
5) Pool
6) General staff/owners friendliness and "can do" attitude - they went out of their way to accommodate certain "special" diving requests. Also one of the very few places where I let DM's prepare my gear without worrying - I normally have OCD about those things and usually end up doing things myself
7) Discounts for longer stays/more diving done

So from my side after being to Sunset Cove twice now, to keep it short:
1) Nitrox (and 100% O2) - helps with that pesky NDL especially if you do 3+ dives a day over a longer period. Also very organized and safe handling of this i.e. testing, logging and labeling all cylinders (name, %, MOD)
2) No dive time limit (done even 100 min) and in general total flexibility as to when/where/how do you want to run the dive
3) Speedboat (not applicable currently but with engine working its a completely different league vs bangkas)
4) Alad Island dive sites and its general location (ie pretty central to all dive sites including WA)
5) Pool
6) General staff/owners friendliness and "can do" attitude - they went out of their way to accommodate certain "special" diving requests. Also one of the very few places where I let DM's prepare my gear without worrying - I normally have OCD about those things and usually end up doing things myself
7) Discounts for longer stays/more diving done
Thank you, this is really helpful as there isn't as much info on Sunset Cove on the web compared to Three P. Glad to hear it's a great place to stay.

Back
Top Bottom