Rolex Sea-Dweller!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FrancisB:
And when I'm not diving, I wear my trusty Omega

Francis

seamaster titanium self winding.

wear it diving and everything is good until a tiny pin in the strap broke. I am thinking of putting a waterbourne strap to replace the titanium bracelet.

keeps ok time, the crystal is UNSCRATCHABLE

FrancisB:
And when I'm not diving, I wear my trusty Omega

Francis

Omega seamaster titanium self winding. (with helium escape valve)

wear it diving and everything is good until a tiny pin in the strap broke. I am thinking of putting a waterbourne strap to replace the titanium bracelet.

keeps ok time, the crystal is UNSCRATCHABLE

I have enjoyed the post. My wife and I love diving. It is great to have something we both love besides each other.

I have a Blue Fossil SS watch. I do everything with it. I know it is not a Rolex, but I love it becuase my wife bought it for me. I wouldn't trade it for a $15,000 dollar Rolex. I love the Rolex's, but just can't justify spending that amount on a watch when my wife and I are trying to save enough money to go to cozumel. Diving is more important :wink:

PurduEE:
I looked at a Sea Dweller today. It's only slightly more expensive than the regular submariner (cert. chrono version). I was surprised that it can be had for around $4000, I was expecting 5-6K. This is the black face stainless band version. I used to have a GMT master w/ gold band and it always got scratched (band). Right now I have an Air King stainless that holds up pretty well, but I want a Submariner/Sea Dweller.

It's pricey, but it's also the ultimate watch to own, in my estimation.

For diving, I have an old Doxa (orange face), and a HyperAqualand.
Doxa isnt that the kind Dirk Pitt wears

Boogie711:
There's no doubt, Rolex makes good stuff. Which is exactly why I, if I'm ever rich enough to own one, will NEVER wear mine Scuba Diving!!!!
I have a Submariner great looking but worthless for diving. I always used a Casio G Shock until I bought a Suunto.

Shut up, Bloop ! ! ! !'
You're about to give away one of the best kept secrets in the world.

Tag Heuer Professional 2000 series, good to 200m. Bought it in Singapore back in the late 80's and has been on my arm ever since regardless of the situation. Gold is a little worn but it's like a favorite coat or shoes, just feels better.

A number of rolex wearers have said that if a rolex is losing time, then it needs adjusted by a good watch smith...

My Tudor Jumbo is losing about 5 mins a week, and it's starting to annoy me...

Does anyone know a good watchsmith in Iowa?

I am a commercial Diver and I had a Rolex Sea-Dweller that was a wast of money it lost more time than any watch I had ever owned :06: I wore the Rolex when I was diving that's why I bought a divers watch. Now I own a Breitling SuperOcean Chrono and it is much heavier than than the Rolex and you get much more watch for your money with a Breitling. The whole Rolex thing is played out with all the Fakes when you see some one wearing one do you stop and think is that a real Rolex.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom