Rodale's top ten...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rossiapacifica

Registered
Reaction score
Not sure where this should go, so I thought that I'd post it here first and see what happens.

If you've read the most recent Rodale's, you've noticed a new list--the top ten dive cities in the US/Canada. Its based on number of shops, marketing clout, miscellaneous, etc. Here is the list, in no particular order. The article says that you might want to consider "locating" to one of these cities if you want to be a gnarly diver.

Miami
Honolulu
Denver
Houston
Monterey
Vancouver, BC
Los Angeles
San Diego
Chicago
New York

I see some "suspicious" things here.....

Rossiapacifica

I was REAL disappointed when I saw it. Seattle should have been on it!

Seattle has so many scuba shops, so many shore dive locations within driving distance, and a vibrant scuba community.

Just shows how biased they are.

Example. Denver might have a lot of divers there.... but who thinks "lets go to Denver to go diving" (unless you live there).

Especially since they left off any city in the FL Keys

Don't be so cynical. I'm sure Rodale's did intensive research without bias as to their advertisers, reader demographics, or location of contributing editors. :wink:

theskull

Don't know how they missed St. Louis, though.

ever been to a dive shop in Chicago? Poor product, not very helpful...maybe it was because I wasn't yet certified and was asking too many questions...but I guess the dust on the stuff should have told me something. Also, there is no reason to have a speargun if you don't live on a coast...so I guess that also should have told me something. I'm much happier here in Seattle, even if I haven't gotten to dive here yet.
gomi_

Back
Top Bottom