Rodale's latest mask review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stsomewhere:
Ya know, I'm still pretty new here. Is this supposed to be blindly repeated or does anyone every question if its actually true?

That may be the case, but howcome the Cressi-Sub Big Eyes mask is not in that list?? They started the hole big-eye thing..........

ShakaZulu:
That may be the case, but howcome the Cressi-Sub Big Eyes mask is not in that list?? They started the hole big-eye thing..........
Shaka, the list is not comprehensive. If you read the article, they were only reviewing the masks that were new for the year. It's not intended to cover every mask in the market, it only looks at the ones that are new to market. You're focusing on the ratings, that's not the point of the article.

Well, here I go with my rhetorical position again:

The question of the post was:
"Where can I find Rodale's latest mask review?"

Johnnythan answered the question in post #3.

Does every thread on the board have to turn into an argument?

"Your Honor, please instruct the witness to answer "Yes" or "No"".

The Kraken:
Well, here I go with my rhetorical position again:

The question of the post was:
"Where can I find Rodale's latest mask review?"

Johnnythan answered the question in post #3.

Does every thread on the board have to turn into an argument?

"Your Honor, please instruct the witness to answer "Yes" or "No"".
Yes, Kraken, it does. Unfortunately, far too many people have an agenda to push.

At the risk of my little remaining sanity...

I do find Rodales gear reviews(SCUBA Lab) helpful. They are far better than what passes for gear reviews in most of the other main stream publications. They are probably more helpful in items like regualtors and BCs, where they can give actual performance numbers, rather than masks, which are more of a personal preference. Reviews like this are just a starting point for information. I for one don't have the time to go out and demo every peice of equipment out there, reviews help to narrow the field.

I do wish they would address older gear that is still on the market though. I think that for the most part their format pushes people toward the latest thing and away from tried and true model that may be a year or two old.

Just my opinion.

jamiep3:
I do wish they would address older gear that is still on the market though. I think that for the most part their format pushes people toward the latest thing and away from tried and true model that may be a year or two old.

Just my opinion.

They only review the "latest and greatest" because it is a magazine pushed by advertising. The advertisers want to sell the newest stuff and get you to abandon your old stuff. That in itself is okay, but not when the rag acts as a shill for them.

Not even a consistent shilll...

One year Apeks DS4's were rated at the bottom of the pack. The next year they were a Testers Choice. They went through 0 changes, but managed to leapfrog everyone else in the process.

Rodales is crap.

I'll bet ad revenues for Apeks (or their parent company) when up in the year that they received Tester's Choice!!

Didn't they do a review a while back on BP/wings, and not "choose" to review Halycon's products?

Boogie711:
Not even a consistent shilll...

One year Apeks DS4's were rated at the bottom of the pack. The next year they were a Testers Choice. They went through 0 changes, but managed to leapfrog everyone else in the process.

Rodales is crap.

I'd still come here, to ask about gear way before I'd read a magazine. I'd rather talk to divers about it. No problems with people looking for info, but a magazine like Rodales just isn't where I'd go about getting it.

And I'm still going to be wearing my black skirted mask tropical diving. I use it for diving here because with divers and lights all around on a dive, a quick flash on the side of the mask can be distracting. And yeah, as boogie711 said, my mask is also in my fin footpocket.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom