Rod Pearce: Searching For Ww2 Aircraft Wrecks And Giving Closure To Their Families

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pierre-sifnos

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
_CHP6415.jpg
_CHP6421.jpg
_CHP6550.jpg
_CHP6565.jpg
Air Wrecks013.jpg
Beaufort Kawa011 (800x539).jpg
Hudson East Cape (800x528).jpg
P 38 Basilaki 2 (800x526).jpg
P38 Basilaki 3 (800x527).jpg
P1010229.JPG
Rod Pearce has dedicated his time and efforts finding underwater aircraft wrecks and seeking closure to the families of hundreds -if not thousands- of Missing in Action (MIA) airmen from all nations that fought during World War Two.

Rod has been diving in Papua New Guinea for 40 years and is credited with discovering most of its best underwater wrecks, including B-17F "Black Jack" 41-24521 and co-finding s'Jacob, along with many other WW2 shipwrecks and aircraft.

See more here

Last edited:
Yes, Rodney is a legend!

My grandmothers neighbor Audrey's husband went missing in his b-29 while on a bombing raid in Japan. No surviving squad members can remember where the plane was brought down, and Japan did not keep records. They were married for only 3 months went he went out on his final sortie. Unfourtantly Audrey passed away a few years ago taking what little details she had about him with her. I doubt they will ever find his plane. Nevertheless as said above Rodney has brought many home and I have the upmost respect for him and his conviction in finding our lost boys.

My grandmothers neighbor Audrey's husband went missing in his b-29 while on a bombing raid in Japan. No surviving squad members can remember where the plane was brought down, and Japan did not keep records. They were married for only 3 months went he went out on his final sortie. Unfourtantly Audrey passed away a few years ago taking what little details she had about him with her. I doubt they will ever find his plane. Nevertheless as said above Rodney has brought many home and I have the upmost respect for him and his conviction in finding our lost boys.

Rod is indeed going a great job, bringing closure to MIA's families, after all these years. Huge respect for his work!

Back
Top Bottom