Rockboot laces

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonMurray

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
OK, here is likely the dumbest post you are likely to receive :dork2:

Can you tell me what is the suggested way to handle the surfeit of laces that are on the rockboots? I have size 8 boots and I have a lot of lace after snugging up the laces and cinching the clip.

I see the convenient velcro flap on the back - but I'm in the dark on the best way to utilize this feature.

In other words... can you help me get my shoes tied???:shakehead:

Thanks Susiw - I guess I wasn't the first to have this question after all - what a relief.

Rockboot How To

I've never cut the laces of my Rockboots. Most divers I know just wrap the lace around the ankle till you get to the end and put the velco in the tab on back. You can create a small loop on the excess few inches you have after you've wrapped them and double back to the flap.

Hi Ron,

I have found the easiest way to deal with the excess laces is to make sure you tighten the cinch, wrap the excess around the back, move the velcro tab to meet the velcro tab in the back, then trim the leftover and heat up the ends of the laces so they do not unravel. You could also wrap the laces a few more times and tuck the ends in the boot, but trimming them usually works best.

Thank you,

Jessica
DUI

Back
Top Bottom