Rock Boots Problem!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smb1014

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok, I have rock boots on my DUI CLX 450 and I am NOT to happy with them. They are somewhat big on my feet (the attached sock material bunches up some in the toes) and my feet/calves cramp up bad sometimes. I use a double layer of socks to try to insulate my feet. I would like to put DUI turbo soles on but that will have to waht for next diving season. I use Mares Avanti Quatro XL fins with spring heel straps that really hold the fins on tight/good. Do you guys/gals think I can wear a heavy wetsuit boot over the attached sock to take up some of the material in the sock? Any other suggestions would help. If you need more info just reply and I will try to answer.

I have faced this problem many times before. What I like to do is pull my foot up to the front of the sock and then put my foot in. This allows the extra material to be at the heal.

Definitely send it back to DUI and have them replace the sock. Good luck.

I also have that problem. I do the same thing that CatMan does. But I have noticed that it wears the material on the suit at the heal more. When my rock boots wear out I am going to try Converse tennis shoes. The old style ones. I have heard of others using them and apparently it works good. It might also allow me to have the whole sock of the dry suit inside.

Charles

smb1014:
]I would like to put DUI turbo soles on but that will have to waht for next diving season..

The only people who really need the rock boots are people who hike or climb to dive. Thats the only reason I bought them. Some beaches in CA they are handy for. I dont know about long island... I hope to find out one day!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom