Rock Boot fitting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

khacken

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just bought my first drysuit and got boots that felt pretty good with one pair of regular cotton socks on. However, with two pairs of socks, it is a little too tight. My feet normally don't get cold, but will one layer of socks be enough for diving down to the 50 degree temp? Should I go up one size just in case? I have gone down to 54 degrees with a pair of 5mm neoprene booties and my feet felt fine.

If your not getting cold then I wouldnt worry about it, but the booties sound exceptionally tight if you can't put on 2 pairs of socks underneath. When you say rock boots do you mean the DUI rockboots that pull over the drysuit sock, or do you mean boots built into the suit?

Rockboots that fit over the drysuit. They are separate. They were out of 11s, so I went with the 10s. Maybe I will just wait.

I was told when ordering my Rockboots, to order one size larger than my normal shoe size to allow for booties.

This works fine for me with fleece socks and 200g thinsulate booties.
My feet have been warm with this combination down to 37f water temps.

I tried 400g booties once. They're nice and toasty, but I have a hard time getting my feet out of my Drysuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom