Rob Stewart - Sharkwater Film Maker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Truly a loss. Rob's passion made me feel like I knew him. What a useless tragedy. My condolences to his friends and family.

Condolences to his family. Sharks need protection. Too many being harvested.

What a loss. Sharkwater was the beginning of an awakening for me, a component of setting me on a course that has taken me around the world. It came out just as I started diving with sharks in South Africa and one Rob Stewart's words were a perfect fit.
“You’re told your whole life since you were a kid, sharks are dangerous. You’re warned not to go adventuring too far out into the ocean, but then finally… you see the thing you were taught your whole life to fear, and it’s perfect, and it doesn’t want to hurt you, and it’s the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen. And your whole world changes.”

R.I.P. -- Condolences to family - may you get closure and answers.

Heartfelt condolences to the Stewart family and to all of Rob's friends. I was in my LDS yesterday and they said that from time to time Rob would drop in and he was always "very good to the shop".

Thank you for being an untiring advocate for sharks. You will be greatly missed.

Thanks to his 17 years relentless actions against shark finning, against long-line shark fishing & for providing awareness to all about what was happening. I now can still enjoy to see schooling hammerheads in Galapagos.

gM0034386.JPG

Funeral for Toronto filmmaker Rob Stewart to be held Feb. 18 | Toronto Star

Thanking people for their messages of love, support, encouragement and prayers, Stewart’s family said in a news release that the funeral and celebration of life will be open to “everyone who loved Rob.” More details will be released later.

A second celebration of life will be held in Los Angeles at a later date.

Thank you Rob for all your powerful, important work and my deep condolences to all his family and friends.

Good man gone too soon.

Your work made a difference.

RIP Rob Stewart.

Sharkwater 2 to continue in honor of Rob Stewart
The movie Rob Stewart was filming when he met with tragedy in the Florida Keys will be continued, according to his parents, Brian and Sandy Stewart. They are taking time to grieve the loss of their beloved son, but they confirm that Rob’s hard work on Sharkwater: Extinction will be honored by completing the film and getting his message out.

I'm still gutted about losing Rob Stewart so young, but I am glad to hear the project he was working on so passionately on will be completed.
RIP Rob.

EDIT: Rob`s second documentary Revolution is playing on CBC tomorrow, Sat Feb 11, 12 Noon EST/9 AM PST
Rob Stewart’s award-winning film Revolution on CBC Feb 11

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom