Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BLoCLevel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey Everyone, We'll be on a late December cruise and looking for the best dive excursions. One of our destinations is Roatan and our cruise offers a shark feeding dive at 50 fsw. Not really what we'd like to do at a premier location. Please submit your recommendations for a dive operator and "must dive" location(s) in Roatan.

I agree. We were in Roatan in August/September -- we did the shark dive once and there was little action; tried a second time but the operator had overbooked and left us standing on the dock in favor of his fellow Italians. A safe dive, and fun if you like the shark action, but nothing but a chumming and the operator was unprofessional.

Where will your ship be docked? If you will be in the vicinity of French Harbour, I highly recommend Subway Watersports. In West End, we had a good experience with Native Sons.

You should post this query on the Central & South America board -- there are several people there who have made multiple trips to Roatan and you'll certainly get a lot of advice.

Cheers!

Well had the opposite experience as pigletfish. We dove with Sergio and had a great dive. 18 sharks showed up, we got to get up and swim with them prior to the feeding. He did mention in Aug-Sept the sharks move to deeper water because it gets too warm. Check the shark thread in the General Discussion section, on page 3 I posted some pics

I have enjoyed the shark dive... but for what it was.

Can't beat SubWay at French Harbour Yacht Club for a great day-dive op.

How has the continental service been? full planes? reliable?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom