Roatan tips for solo diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pylui

New
Reaction score
Hi all, looking to do a last minute dive trip to Roatan next week. Not a big fan of commercialized Disneyworld kind of resort, but it seems most deal are for inclusive resort. And AKR has a great package for single, CCV is more expensive but with limited availability. FI is fully booked.

Never dive in Roatan before, so looking for a place to chill and meet some cool people while having some great dive, potentially can find another dive buddy easily.

Any suggestions (quick)?

btw, this is a great site to find loads of diving....Good job!!

Cheers,
Patrick :D

pylui:
Hi all, looking to do a last minute dive trip to Roatan next week. Not a big fan of commercialized Disneyworld kind of resort, but it seems most deal are for inclusive resort. And AKR has a great package for single, CCV is more expensive but with limited availability. FI is fully booked.

Never dive in Roatan before, so looking for a place to chill and meet some cool people while having some great dive, potentially can find another dive buddy easily.

Any suggestions (quick)?

btw, this is a great site to find loads of diving....Good job!!

Cheers,
Patrick :D

Are you looking to find out which AI is the best for meeting friends and having fun?

Pure dive resort: CoCoView. 24/7 real shore dive, superb boats and dive op, very private, youll meet wet, stinky diver people.

Best resort to be if you want to leave the resort and meet partiers drinking all night long on West Bay area: Anthony's Key

Resort that I'm most surprised to hear that it is fully booked (other than the fact that it caters to Central and South Americans and this is a holiday time for them): Fantasy Island

I'd go to the West End. There are lots of hotels/hostels/bunk houses. You can get a basic bunk room for $10 US or a nice hotel with AC/cabel TV for $25. If you dive for several days you can negotiate your dives down to $10-$15 per single tank dive (they will start by asking $20-$25)

Champ and RoatanMan,

Thanks for all the tips.
I have booked myself to CCV at the end. however, I am staying a few days after the 7 day package, so will definitely explore out into the west end as well.

Now, i just hope for the nice weather. =)

Patrick

pylui:
Champ and RoatanMan,

Thanks for all the tips.
I have booked myself to CCV at the end. however, I am staying a few days after the 7 day package, so will definitely explore out into the west end as well.

Now, i just hope for the nice weather. =)

Patrick

You'll have a ball at CoCoView, it is the diver's resort!

Learn more at http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/mb/ccv
which is CCV's message board.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom