Roatan Temps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tomdive

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Im planning a trip to Roatan June 20-July 5. I was wondering what the weather typically is like at that time of year. I know its a little late to be asking this question. Im expecting hot,but I would like to know if it rains alot. When it does rain,is it a typical afternoon thundershower or does it last all day for days on end. I know one cannot predict the weather,but what is typical for this time of year. Also,what kind of water temps can I look forward to?. I will be staying in West End and am wondering about the prevailing winds. Thanks for any help you can give me.

We were there last year same timeframe, and we were lucky enough to not see any rain. It was like a postcard everyday. No winds to speak of except for at night. Water was as flat as glass. It was hot, but we didn't wear many clothes, so it was no big deal. I'd worry more about bugs than rain.

Here's a link you might want to keep handy while planning your trip. You can click on the "Seasonal weather averages" under "History and Almanac" for historical data.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=roatan%2C+honduras

Edit - whoops, that link's not working currently! here's a different one - try "Averages", and you may have to select "daily averages" to get the data, and it's only partially populated.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/local/HOXX0014?from=search_city

You can check other destinations as well - I've found it handy for trip planning personally.

We're in the official Hurricane Season now, so this is a wetter period of the year in general for Central America (as well as the US Gulf Coast).

I just got back yesterday from a week at CocoView. The first
couple of days were a bit choppy, then we got a bit of rain,
then the ocean was flat enough to water ski blindfolded.

Water temperature at depth was 84 to 85F, warmer at the
surface over shallows. Air temperature varied from kinda
hot to quite hot. Rain lasted a few hours, and occured a
couple of times over the week.

Tomdive:
Hello everyone. Im planning a trip to Roatan June 20-July 5.

Tom, my wife and I are going to be at the CoCo View starting July 3. if you're
staying there, we got to get a beer together.

Man, I'm jealous. I want to go back to CCV (just returned 5/14). Best vacation I ever had! I've never been so relaxed on a vacation and enjoyed the 3-4 hours of bottom time a day. Enjoy!

Tomdive:
Hello everyone. Im planning a trip to Roatan June 20-July 5. I was wondering what the weather typically is like at that time of year. I know its a little late to be asking this question. Im expecting hot,but I would like to know if it rains alot. When it does rain,is it a typical afternoon thundershower or does it last all day for days on end. I know one cannot predict the weather,but what is typical for this time of year. Also,what kind of water temps can I look forward to?. I will be staying in West End and am wondering about the prevailing winds. Thanks for any help you can give me.

very little rain unless you catch a tropical storm - since hurricane season in the Atlantic started 1 June.
I was there 2 years ago in July and it rained three times - twice in late evening/early morning (midnight or so) and once we had a brief - less than 1/2 hour shower in the morning around 9.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom