Roatan? San Andreas? Belize? Eastern Caribbean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The above description of Utila is perhaps the best short description I've seen. We love Utila, but then again we are biased (see signature). We also love Belize (we were married at the Victoria house and have spent alot of time on Glover's Atoll). Don't think you could go wrong with either place.

Have fun. March is a great time in the Caribbean.

I have to recommend Old Providence Island. Nobody you know has ever heard of it, much less been there. The Decameron hotel group is beginning to upgrade the accommodations in and around Sweetwater Bay, and Felipe Cabezas and his brother Pici run a pretty competent dive center. In ten years, this will be as famous a dive destination as Bonaire. Getting good information about Old Providence is pretty hard, but Sport Diving magazine wrote up a glowing review a few months ago. You just have to take this on faith. Fly Copa Air to San Andres via Panama, then the hop to OPI on a 16-seat twin-prop. If you do this, make sure that Tad (tadeotadeo) handles all the details.

Highly recommend the West End in Roatan for top notch diving,great atmosphere and many options for affordable water or beach front cabanas. depending on your budget there are many nice AI's in West Bay and Anthony's Key in Sandy Beach is great.

Ambrigus Caye was great in Belize and could then spit time at one of the other cayes. We just got back from Roatan and I loved the diving there. If you have 3 weeks you might want to consider Palau, the diving was great. Also consider Turks and Caicos. The diving was great there also.

Hi Tad: what about going San Andres in May or June? what about Decameron Hotels diving service? when is exactly crowded?, donŽ´t know spring break time since I live in Uruguay, we only have a winter break in July! IŽ´ll thank any advice.

Hi Solarmat
There spring break is Holy Week. May and June are good time to go with there summer season starting sometime in June and lasting 2 to 3 months. The Christmas and New Year’s holiday are also crowded. They do have a short rainy season around June.
As far as Decameron they are good for resort type of travel, if you like staying and eating and diving without having to leave the resort Decameron is a good place. Decameron for diving I would recommend Marazul or Aquarium they both have dive ops on site. Aquarium is in the downtown district and Marazul in out of the city.
If you are looking for a more private secluded place I have a Bed and Breakfast near The Cove on the northern part of the island that I can get you in. I use the dive shop affiliated with Marazul. I can get you 8 nights, 7 day 12 dives with breakfast for $699 if you are looking for this type of vacation.
Where in Uruguay are you?
I have a friend building a housing development somewhere around Montevideo.
Ciao
Tad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom