Roatan Photos Part 5 (Shrimp, Crabs, and a bit of Lagniappe)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AUTiger

Contributor
Reaction score
First off, I'm jazzed because I just ordered a Nikon D80. Who knows when it will get here, or even when I will be able to get a housing for it, but I'm on the edge of my seat with anticipation. It'll be my first dSLR.

Its been a couple weeks and I've been a bit slow at posting the last of my pictures. I've been wanting to go diving, too, but a week long sinus infection has ended any hope of that. I can't even get below a foot or two in my pool. Well, here we go...

Banded Coral Shrimp - I think that this is my favorite coral shrimp photo. It reminds me of some horror movie creature about to pounce on its hapless victim.

BandedCoralShrimp.jpg

Neck Crab - these guys are so hard to get a good photo that the casual observer will actually recognize as a crab. Neck crabs are a type of decorator crab that adorn themselves with hydroids and other plant materials. This one is eating something from one claw and holding a small something in the other claw.

DecoratorCrab2.jpg

Another Neck Crab

DecoratorCrab.jpg

And to finish off, a bit of lagniappe (a little "something extra" as the Creoles would say). Two nice looking Flamingo Tongues.

TwoFlamingoTongues.jpg

As always, thanks for the feedback.

David

Gear:

Camera: Olympus C-5060WZ
Macro Lense: Inon UCL-165
Housing: Ikelite
Strobe: Ikelite DS-125 with TTL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom