Roatan Photos, Part 4 (Mr. Ray and friends)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AUTiger

Contributor
Reaction score
Part 4 of how many? Only a few more posts.

One of the nice things about CoCoView is that you can go shore diving in the "front yard" any time that you want. I have already mentioned the 140 foot Prince Albert and the two walls. There is always something new - or in this case, the same "new" thing a few days in a row. This Spotted Eagle Ray was circling the Albert on a daily basis for most of the week that I was there. A few times, there would be a group of divers sitting in the sand around the ship waiting for the ray to appear. When he did, there was such a clatter of bells, duck calls, and noise makers that I couldn't tell if people were driving the ray toward the photographers or alerting the photographers that he was coming (hopefully the second).

I actually took these two photos, the best of my trip, while I was snorkeling. I don't think that Mr. Ray heard me, so he didn't run so quickly.

SpottedEagleRay2c.jpg

SpottedEagleRay.jpg

And now for a few odds and ends:

The obligatory Queen Angel:

QueenAngelfish.jpg

A cute little spinyhead blenny. It would be nice if I had two macro lenses to stack!

SpinyheadBlenny.jpg

SpinyheadBlenny2.jpg

And juvenile Spotted Drum. As I've mentioned before, I love the little guys:

VeryJuvenileSpottedDrums.jpg

Have a good day and keep posting your photos!

David

Gear:

Camera: Olympus C-5060WZ
Macro Lense: Inon UCL-165
Housing: Ikelite
Strobe: Ikelite DS-125 with TTL

Nice stuff! The ray shots were awesome.

Awesome shots, good work!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom