Roatan in November?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brsnow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Have never been, my buddy and I typically hit Coz for our annual guys trip. Have read a few recent reviews and it didn’t sound great. We collectively have dove much of the Caribbean but not here. Any suggestions on resorts or is it worth it ove r Cozumel or perhaps Bonaire? Thank you

AKR has a pretty spectacular close to haf price special through the end of the year? I think?

OMMOHY

Have never been, my buddy and I typically hit Coz for our annual guys trip. Have read a few recent reviews and it didn’t sound great. We collectively have dove much of the Caribbean but not here. Any suggestions on resorts or is it worth it ove r Cozumel or perhaps Bonaire? Thank you
I was in Roatan 2 weeks ago and wrote a trip report. You'll be disappointed. Bonaire or Curacao are better choices and they're out of the hurricane belt.

November is the rainiest month of the year on Roatan, I would avoid it mid October - January.

Reactions: Doc
The chance of rain/hurricane isn’t a huge issue as I go that time of year to Cozumel and get that risk. Is it worse in Roatan? Are the reefs really bad? Hard to get gauge on quality of the dive sites.

The chance of rain/hurricane isn’t a huge issue as I go that time of year to Cozumel and get that risk.
Roatan is 300 miles South. In that point on the global map in the ‘arc’ of “most hurricanes” that 300 Miles is truly a galaxy apart.

Is it worse in Roatan?
The risk of actual hurricane? No, Roatan incidence is markedly less. About 300 miles less.

Are the reefs really bad?

Compared to what?
Hard to get gauge on quality of the dive sites.
Yes, yes it is.

That is why you use the amount of interest shown for any given destination by dive magazines and message boards. What’s generating the most SCUBA related chatter? Roatan or Jamaica?

Chose wisely.

Just an FYI, our last Hurricane was 1997, compare that to Cozumel.
But I still wouldn't come in November because its raining, a lot

November you may run into Honduran Chocolate. That is what flows from the streams into the ocean from the mud.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom