Roatan in November?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brsnow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Have never been, my buddy and I typically hit Coz for our annual guys trip. Have read a few recent reviews and it didn’t sound great. We collectively have dove much of the Caribbean but not here. Any suggestions on resorts or is it worth it ove r Cozumel or perhaps Bonaire? Thank you

November el sucko mucho. Check the simplest of historical weather data. Everywhere and anywhere in the Caribbean.

Hey brsnow,

I lived in Utila for a while, which is the neighbour island of Roatan. I personally experienced November as not the best time of the year. It obviously can be different every year, but 2021 it was rain all day every day! Diving is great all year round though. I guess it depends how much time you want to spend on land...
Roatan is a great vacation destination in general!

Thank you, we booked Cozumel this year. The flight prices were really cheap so locked them in yesterday. Will look at Roatan for another time of the year. What is best time? Thank you

Well, usually January till March is great but you can still expect a little rain here an then.
Personally I think the best time is March/April/May. June till September is also great it just gets very hot. So it depends a little on what you like. But also keep in mind that there is Whale Shark season, which is an incredible encounter!

Well, usually January till March is great but you can still expect a little rain here an then.
Personally I think the best time is March/April/May. June till September is also great it just gets very hot. So it depends a little on what you like. But also keep in mind that there is Whale Shark season, which is an incredible encounter!
Thank you, I don’t mind the heat so June/July is a good window. Appreciate it

Hey brsnow,

I lived in Utila for a while, which is the neighbour island of Roatan. I personally experienced November as not the best time of the year. It obviously can be different every year, but 2021 it was rain all day every day! Diving is great all year round though. I guess it depends how much time you want to spend on land...
Roatan is a great vacation destination in general!
Yes.

I was in Roatan for 2 weeks of diving in November 2021, and it was rain, rain, rain, rain, and rain. One of those weeks was on shore and one was from a liveaboard. Maybe it was the rain, but on that week on shore, the biting insects were a terror. No matter what we did, we all got horrible bites that plagued us throughout that week and for much of the time we were on the liveaboard. By the end of the liveaboard trip, the itching had subsided. Then we had a final dinner on shore, with the driving rain coming through the thatched roof of the restaurant and the bites somehow reoccurring despite the rain and the repellant.

Other than that it as great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom