Roatan Honduras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NycJohn, which units at Georphi's are you recommending for someone used to a Den Lamon experience? ?

We're looking into Roatan in spring. Anyone know if there is rebreather support available?

We're looking into Roatan in spring. Anyone know if there is rebreather support available?
I doubt it. Finding doubles is a stretch. Dives are shallow, they do a lot of DM/IDC training and the reef is close. None of the AI resorts will have any sort of rebreather support. This is Cocoview's operation - if anyone was offering it it would likely be them. But they're not: http://docksidedivecenter.com/gear.shtml

You might check with GoProCaribbean, they might be diving RB's on a personal level and know where to get stuff. But I doubt it. I'd bring your own sofnolime or whatever you need (I have no idea what that is..) - they probably have auxiliary tanks you could use. PADI Tec Training
Roatan Tec Team are the only full time providers of technical diving services on the Island of Roatan

Ever been to Grand Cayman? Divetech - Rebreather Training and Support

I doubt it. Finding doubles is a stretch. Dives are shallow, they do a lot of DM/IDC training and the reef is close. None of the AI resorts will have any sort of rebreather support. This is Cocoview's operation - if anyone was offering it it would likely be them. But they're not: Dive Gear - Dockside Dive Center

My vote would have been Coconut Tree, they do partial pressure EAN blending, so they have the O2 you'll need. Bring your own Sorb, they do offer PADI TEC 40/45/50 Trimix 65 so there might even be some He to be had.

Have a couple of friends that have stayed at CoCo View Resort a few times and have loved it. Thinking about making a trip there myself next spring.

My vote would have been Coconut Tree, they do partial pressure EAN blending, so they have the O2 you'll need. Bring your own Sorb, they do offer PADI TEC 40/45/50 Trimix 65 so there might even be some He to be had.
Same place...

You might check with GoProCaribbean, they might be diving RB's on a personal level and know where to get stuff. But I doubt it. I'd bring your own sofnolime or whatever you need (I have no idea what that is..) - they probably have auxiliary tanks you could use. PADI Tec Training

Something I thought I saw asked (if not explicitly) in the original post, but which has not been addressed is - How does the diving compare to Bonaire? In terms of density of coral, density of fish life, variety of both? I'm thinking of going to Roatan, have been to Bonaire multiple times, and am spoiled by the shore diving, the freedom to solo dive (yes I have the card) and the quality of marine life at most sites. If I'm going to be disappointed by Roatan I'd rather make a repeat trip to Bonaire or go elsewhere.

Did a trip at Turquoise Bay this past summer. You can find my report on the bay islands thread. Long story short it was great and we dove areas most other operations don't. You might want to consider.....

We stayed here about 4 years affordable, clean, very good dive op, Sueno del Mar Diving Resort here is the link Roatan Diving Honduras | Scuba Lessons | Shore Excursions | Sueno del Mar and Roatan West End Hotel, Bay Islands the night dives in Roatan are awesome.

And if someone likes to hunt lion fish, everytime I have ran into the DM/Instructor from Sueno underwater at divesites he always has a spear.. Tita's Pink Seahorse bar is a cool place to hang out too, especially if you like to play sand volleyball.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom