Roatan flights----need help on costs......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver 85

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Let me preface something here----our next trip to Roatan will be #27 since '94--------anyway, we sold our house on Roatan earlier this year but the wife & I want to 'go back' for a week this coming spring & visit from old friends @ BIBR & AKR(it's been almost 2 years since last trip).....#$%&@#$ flight rates are HIGH ie over 650 it looks like out of Houston.......Anyone getting better rates/are we missing something??---Our old carriers are very high right now, please help this coonass out ...TIA

EDIT:......What really kicks me is knowing what it used to be(less than 400 pp) and knowing what fares are to Cozumel(315 pp thru late spring this year).....I smell a rat & it's spelled T-A-C-A...Ask what happened to Sol Air???---let's just say TACA took care of that situation ---along with Sasha & Tan Sasha...

Last edited:
You're flying Taca?

It doesn't matter who----leaving out of N.O. or Houston.....once flew Sol Air there-remember that one??...., whoever had the lowest prices----& usually it was TACA---

I did Roatan twice this year and the price difference was astounding.
First during Holy Week....$500. flat round trip per person.
Again in August....$700. per person Round trip.

If you plan well enough in advance, you can get airfare for around $600. on Taca.

If your not against taking a ferry you can always fly into La Ceiba and ferry it from there. I know for me when I went to Utila it came out almost 300 dollars cheaper.

If your not against taking a ferry you can always fly into La Ceiba and ferry it from there. I know for me when I went to Utila it came out almost 300 dollars cheaper.

Thanks but I ain't taking that ferry----it sinks sometimes..lol

I was planning to do COCO View this spring but flights were so high I booked Bonaire instead. Almost $300 each person less.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom