Roatan Accomodations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billmosel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Any suggestions other than CoCo View, Fantasy Island or AKR. I stayed at CoCo before and liked it but I'm looking for something else, although not sure what. I understand that the west end nearer to the airport is worth investigating. Any comments or suggestions would help. Thanks.

Hey Bill you can try Guava Grove, it is located in Sandy Bay and has had good reviews. Very affordable and the managers can arrange the diving, Native Sons is popular with that bunch. The mini resort has a swim up pool bar, restaurant service with amazing food with nothing over 200 lps on the menu and offers wifi service if you like to travel with your laptop.

check out: Guava Grove Villas

West End is a great little community for a dive holiday with hotels from budget to luxury, you can eat out at different restaurants every day, lots of shopping, bars and of course dive shops. Native Sons is my favourite but that's because I own it! What's your accommodation budget?

I second what Parrot said, give Reef House Resort a look. Diving where you are almost certain to be the only boat at the site, 3 different locations for dives every day, all your meals. It's a bit primitive but comfortable.

Dive safe!! BK

Back in my househunting days I stayed a few times in West End. Once at bungalow 7 that has changed hands so many times I cannot reccomend it just because i have no idea what is going on there, and a few times at Arco Iris Hotel. It was basic but clean, offered a/c and some places had kitchenettes to offer. It is about a one minute walk from Native Sons which I still recommend to my guests today. A lot of big opperations come and go but Native Sons has been there a while and is Islander owned which to me is important. I am sure there are other good shops but when i find a good one i stick with it.

Back
Top Bottom