Roatan accommodation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beachgurl

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all you Roatan Fans.

I plan to visit in November and have not yet made a reservation anywhere. Am I out to lunch thinking I can show up and find a decent budget place to stay??

I would think you need to be a little more specific, when you say "decent budget" You will find a lot of opinions on Roatan here, but maybe a price range on your part, would help get more ideas.

You should have no trouble finding accomodation priced from $10 - $40/night in West End. Just show up and pick the place you like. I am a big fan of just buying a flight and finding accomodation when I get there.

Will

Thanks for your input, guys.

I'll be travelling alone and plan to stay about 3 months. I plan to stay at the Seagrape for a night or two at $9 to check things out. Obviously, if I spend $30+ a night, I'll be scrapping the barrel towards the end. I like the under $20 range :)

While we're at it, is it hard to find honest folk to share a place with??

While we're at it, is it hard to find honest folk to share a place with??[/QUOTE]

It will be very easy to find decent people to share with, although I believe if you are staying at Seagrape for longer periods of time they do a really good rate like US$200 a month. They have clean shared kitchens and bathrooms. Quite a few instructors and divemasters stay there. It is also down at the quieter end of town. Have fun.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!!

I'll carry on as planned and know that everything will turn out as it should.

Dive Rasta, you made me smile, I usually sign off with "have fun" so I wish the same to you :-}

Have you e-mailed Mariella at Seagrape to confirm availability? I'm not sure that they are still doing the budget rooms. They may be, but they have been doing lots of changes lately so I would double check- she is a wonderful lady and will get back to you quickly. If they are not available at Seagrape I would check out Hotel Chillies- looks like a nice clean safe cheap place- they are owned by the same people who own Native Sons- again, I would e-mail them in advance. Web sites from Roatan don't seem to get updated as often as they do in other places, so you should always try toconfirm the information with an e-mail, so you can avoid any surprises. Once there you can look around and find a place to stay- try the grocery store in Coxen Hole (Warrens) or Eldons in French Harbor- there are usually fliers posted up there- good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom