Rix Micro-Boost O2 compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SPEARIT

Contributor
Reaction score
I need to find out what is a fair price for a used compressor that is complete with regulator, SS hose, DIN fill fitting and gauge. I have owned it since new and it's in excellent condition, only used to pump Aviator grade O2. I have someone wanting to buy it but I cannot find any listings for used ones anywhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Your previous listing at $3200 seems fair. To me anyway.

Thanks, I had forgotten about that post. I checked ebay and the Govt liquidation sites and there are none listed for sale.

Things did not work out with the buyer(economy related) so it is for sale. I will post some pics shortly with all the details. Does $1000.00 sound fair? The $3200 price that Wookie mentioned was for another one I had that was new and it sold right away.

110 volt model? Has it been modified or still running at 2200 psi?
$1000 is a great deal for an operating one that hasn't been abused.

Yes, it's 110V. It has not been modified from factory settings.

The $3200 price that Wookie mentioned was for another one I had that was new and it sold right away.

Im a little confused here, I assume you have more than one, are you a dealer in them.
The one you sold for $3200 bought it new and only used for aviator grade 02 is therefore a commecial product registered to yourself.

Now another one you have for sale for $1000 I'm assuming this is not new therefore the question of where it came from and who the original owner was potentially becomes an issue..

The problem your customer may face is if these compressors are ex Government US or otherwise they were built for a military contract and as far as Europe is concerned they would not be supported if they end up in the public arena.

Now its not your fault or the fault of these surplus suppliers at auction houses. You bid, you win its yours. The issue is the liability for the product if it was originally supplied under a military contract and this is not the same as a similar or even the same product sold into a commercial application.

So customer rings up asks for spare parts, then finds out its an ex uncle Sam piece of scrap under a contract build and cant get spare parts because its an ex miitary product unless he buys under the NSN supply contract terms with say minimum 500 parts in a box or the product if he pretends its for a military contract.

The supplier by suppying spare parts then has liability shoved on him with the encumbent problem if his customer burns the house down with himself in it and the widow Jones starts a no win no fee claim.

You see where this is going.

Your new compressor used for Aviation oxygen will be registered to yourself and so you or anyone else would have no problem getting commercial spares for a commercial contract build including any new owner when you sell it.

By contrast these ex military surplus compressors more and more are being viewed by the product liabilty lawers as a potential problem hence your customer may be dissapointed by not getting parts for a pump he cannot verify.
And the supplier of the spares is also not happy if he has to load the product liabiliy premium risk to help some say an Ebay player out of the blue to sell junk ex army scrap into the recreational scuba arena.

Hence why second hand dealers of ex military compressors and ex military surplus dealers flogging off goverment surplus scrap to divers on this and other forums may find themselves questioned by it's members and potential divers as buyers warned.

In answer to your snarky post.
I am not a Rix dealer and have not ever been. I bought both of the compressors from Rix a few or more years ago for use by me. After a awhile I realized I did not need both of them and sold one of them at that time.
The only connection this compressor has to the Military is that it is owned by a Retired US Marine Combat Veteran with 22yrs service that is now retiring from diving for medical reasons.
I take offense to your implied implications about my character and intentions with this post and since you have no desire to purchase the compressor but have designated yourself as the "Whatever you think you are Police" my response to you is KMA.

In answer to your snarky post.
I am not a Rix dealer and have not ever been. I bought both of the compressors from Rix a few or more years ago for use by me. After a awhile I realized I did not need both of them and sold one of them at that time.
The only connection this compressor has to the Military is that it is owned by a Retired US Marine Combat Veteran with 22yrs service that is now retiring from diving for medical reasons.
I take offense to your implied implications about my character and intentions with this post and since you have no desire to purchase the compressor but have designated yourself as the "Whatever you think you are Police" my response to you is KMA.

Hardly snarky, It was an accurate informative and I trust helpful to potential purchasers considering an oxygen compressor in the second hand arena in contrast to the more common air compressors where spares are easier available to the second hand market for reasons I outlined in my earlier post.

As you purchased these compressors commercially then you and your customers would have no problem obtaining spares and service again for the reasons I explained earlier. Further more I made no implication about you in particular or to you as to your character. Although the reason for you outlining your service record I don't understand as is of no relevance to the subject in hand.

As for taking offence to my comments feel free, but I repeat there was no implication on your character. However frankly for a US Marine combat verteran I'm just surprised you feel offended. I though you lot were supposed to be of tougher stuff. Therefore I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom