Riviera Maya suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dashark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking to do a long weekend trip to the Akumal or Cozumel area. Any suggestions on resorts and dive operations would be appreciated.
My wife wants nice beaches and convenient diving.
I prefer to be off the beaten track and close to the best diving. We also want to do a least one cenote dive.
Recomendations please!

If you are in Playa Del Carmen, Protec is a great dive centre. Knowlegable staff. They have some great cave/cenote guides.

My husband and I did Spring Break there a couple of years ago...pre-hurricane, of course. We stayed at Copacabana...very nice. Would I stay there again, probably not unless I rented a car. The diving there on the strip, with AquaWorld anyway, leaves from Puerto Aventuras, out of the Aventura Palace Resort. The dive sites are local and are all drift dives...spectacular...literally 2 minutes out of the marina. We used Acquaworld for our day in Cozumel. It was great. I also recommend Xel-Ha if you have a good solid day. Look around on the boards and do some searches. There have been lots of posts just like what you are looking for. Tulum is beautiful, a must-see. The only thing we did not like was the Taxi fare from the Copa to Puerto Aventuras...we did a lot of diving, both day and night, and it cost us $5.00 each way to go only 3 miles...we spent a fortune in cab money. It would have been much more economical to have rented a car.

Back
Top Bottom