Riviera Maya Resorts for diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tuckster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
How is this area in Feb for my inexperienced wife with her new OW cert ?? I know there is better diving elsewhere(Bonaire/Curacao) but my FF miles will get me there free. Also need suggestions on resorts & dive ops. Do any resorts have shore dives ??

Tuckster:
How is this area in Feb for my inexperienced wife with her new OW cert ?? I know there is better diving elsewhere(Bonaire/Curacao) but my FF miles will get me there free. Also need suggestions on resorts & dive ops. Do any resorts have shore dives ??
I went to Playa last Feb and had a great time. It was my first Ocean drift dive and I did fine. We had a lady there that completed her OW cert while there and she did just fine also. We went with Tank Ha, great outfit, good DM's. We even did the Cenotes which was fantastic (WE had Steven for a DM on that dive, he is amasing). We stayed at Gran Porta Real which was very nice but true to form they tried to bump us. No shore dives that I am aware of but it was my first time there so maybe others know of some.

Take Care
Scott

Tuckster:

Great area to stay in, I love this area far better than any others in the area. I have dove many times here and with many groups. I would be all means aviod the guys at Phantom divers as per my previous post on how they tried to PUSH my better half's head (a new Diver) underwater at the beginning of the dive. The guys at Tank-Ha were a great group, heck you can go shore diving right by their shop and see turtles in the area. Ask for Claudio Bianchi, tell him John said hello,he will take care of you.

Also another great dive near here is the hiddenworlds cenotes, another great group of guys here. The cenotes were great even for a new diver. She had a great time here and we will return again. I have to look for the guys card to tell you who to look for, this was the first time I had dove with them. Several dives and they were all great.

We have stayed at pretty much any resort in the area can you tell me what your looking for? I just need to know alittle more of what you want for your trip to give some advice on resorts.

Also if you like lobster there are some great places with great prices in Playa De Carmen. We stop every trip at Blue Lobster, and another one cant remeber name. I will ask her about that, and post later on.

Anyway you all will love this trip, heck if you want you can take the 9 o'clock ferrry over to coz and dive there one day. I think they diving here rivals the others you talked about if you go to the right reefs with the right groups.

Answer the questions and I will repost. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom