Riviera Maya, Playa Del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting...

I too will be on the Mayan Riviera very close to Playa around the end of March and was curious if it would be better to ferry it over to Cozumel for ocean diving, It appears as that is the way to go. I am however very intrigued by the cenote diving as well. I dont suppose there is much in the way of wrecks in and around that area is there?

We toured the Catalonia as part of setting up a Yucatan trip for our dive shop. It's a nice property, and right on a very pleasant beach. There are two dive operators right in Puerto Aventuras (walking distance from the Catalonia): Dive Aventuras, and Aquanauts. Both have good reputations. My husband has dived with Aquanauts (although under prior ownership) and had a good experience with them.

PA is a pleasant place to stay, very quiet and safe, and if you decide to vary your diet from the all-inclusive offerings, there are a number of restaurants within easy walking distance . . . which means margaritas without worrying about the policia!
I agree, I also think Puerto Aventuras is a great place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom