Riviera Maya & Mayan Adventure Can-do Maps Rock!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome, thanks so much!!!!
We are planning to hire the guides for CI and EB both as I think they can give great insight which we might miss by only using a brochure. Plus, since I want to video both sights it is best to do it when the places aren't so crowded so I will be sure to spend the night up by CI. :D Have you done the night show? Is it worth it?

Back to the subject of the maps, I just ordered the Playa map, too. From my hotel searches, it looks to be the best bet for where to stay for most of the trip. :D

robin:D
Never have seen the night show at CI. We flew from Playa to CI and were back by 2pm. If you have the money, it is the way to see CI, when we were there the trip was $125pp. See, Airplane Workshop Mechanics Airplane Tours from Playa del Carmen to Chichen Itza Mayan Ruins, Holbox

If Becky chooses where we stay, its Akumal. You can get a nice condo on Half Moon Bay for around $110 a night. We like the Reef condos. The Akumal beaches are much better than those in Playa but the place rolls up the sidewalks by 9pm and you really need to rent a car since the transfers from the airport are very expensive. My choice is Playa, much more to see/do in the evenings. You don't need a car, the restaurants are better and more reasonably priced, easy to get to Coz. One hotel that we like in Playa is Hotel Lunata.

Try Riviera Maya Hotels, Resorts, Rentals: Mexican Caribbean Vacation for Akumal listing and Playa del Carmen, Mexico's Virtual Guide Book : Playa.Info for PDC. We have used both without a problem.

Robint - I've seen the night show at CI twice. Once was very enjoyable but the second time was less so. The translation device failed to work and the weather was a hinderance. If the weather holds it is worth the money (at least once). In Valladolid my wife and I stayed at a small family run hotel on the zocalo across the street from the church. We took a cab to EkBalam and had the driver return at a time several hours later. He was there right on time. These ruins are one of my favorite with Uxmal, Palenque and Tikal. Enjoy your vacation!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom