Riviera Maya in April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mefabian

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My wife and I are going to Riviera Maya (Mexico) for two weeks in April. She does not dive. I do. So, I've bribed my brother-in-law to join us for 1 week so he and I could dive together. Has anyone dove Riviera Maya? Can you recommend a dive outfit? I have my own gear but my B-I-L will have to rent his. Should we take a trip over to Cozumel? We were in St-Martin last month together and were able to get 7 dives in 5 days. We'd love to do the same in April.

Love to hear your comments.

Mark from (cold) Quebec

Where are you staying? The RM is a fairly big area. When we were in Playa del Carmen this past April I had several very good dives with www.abyssdiveshop.com. But by all means schedule a day diving at Cozumel and consider a Cenote dive, too. Abyss and all the other dive shops can do the Cenote dives, and most of them can set you up with a Cozumel op, too.

Check out www.locogringo.com
Diving is really nice around Riviera Maya, but not as great as Cozumel.
The overall vacation, especially for your non-diving wife, will be much better along the Riviera Maya. Great beaches, incredible ruins, etc.

The sea lice get bad in April, so I would recommend picking up some Safe Sea lotion for both you and your wife.
http://www.buysafesea.com

joeabroad:
Where are you staying? The RM is a fairly big area. When we were in Playa del Carmen this past April I had several very good dives with www.abyssdiveshop.com. But by all means schedule a day diving at Cozumel and consider a Cenote dive, too. Abyss and all the other dive shops can do the Cenote dives, and most of them can set you up with a Cozumel op, too.

We'll be staying at the Mayan Palace Riviera Maya for the two weeks. We are anxious to go. We stayed there once before and I went diving with the dive shop at the resort. They were OK but I'd like to make certain that I deal with "the best". :wink:

I appreciate the comments and I will most definitely make a day run to Cozumel to do some diving with my brother-in-law.

Mark

Diving there is pretty good, but not as good as Coz. Abyss is pretty good, but I like Tank Ha in Playa for their larger boats. Still small groups, but more room on the boat. Both are good operations. A day trip to Coz is a good idea, but it takes enough time that you probably won't want to do it every day. Cenotes are good too, as long as your buoyancy control and air consumption are pretty good. Yucatek in Playa does a good job for cenotes. Sea lice are jellyfish larvae. Nasty no-see-ums.

My husband and I will be in RM in April also Puetro Adventuras to be exact and there is a place called Dive Pro, that sounds to be nice and gets great reviews on tripadvisor. We've never been diving so we eager to check it out. I'm not really much help but just letting you know what I've found

Scubamex in Pamuul is a very good op, and they have fairly new Scubapro gear.

Back
Top Bottom