RIP Robin Williams

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are now saying he was sleeping 20 hours per day, not eating, had financial problems, was forced to sell his home, the recent TV show he completed (which he needed the money from) was cancelled before it aired (I think anyway); that he had recently been involved in several projects or committed to future ones which were not to his liking, but he felt compelled to take them on simply for the money and he was recently diagnosed with Parkinsons (which is a progressive disease that causes brain damage).

When I heard he committed suicide, my immediate reaction was that he must have been sick. The idea that he was a coward didn't cross my mind.

I was going to let it slide at first but since you keep on going. First of all I'm not angry and I can forgive all the not so smart remarks. From what you said you probably have never really been depressed so you just don't know any better, But as Jim said not more then a week ago. Never judge someone before you have walked in their shoes.

Jord

Ok, you must know everything about me. I've never been depressed, had serious financial issues, lost a child, had a child with severe medical or cognitive issues, or lived out of my car.
I've never battled PTSD, or woke up in cold sweats with the images of my brothers hanging out of a Humvee that just got blown to **** by an RPG.
I live with more demons than you sir could remotely imagine. So maybe you should take Jim's advise as well, and not assume you are qualified to judge my life experiences based on whatever you think you know about me via a forum post. Maybe there is a reason I have such strong convictions about this subject.

Good day sir.

Ok, you must know everything about me. I've never been depressed, had serious financial issues, lost a child, had a child with severe medical or cognitive issues, or lived out of my car.
I've never battled PTSD, or woke up in cold sweats with the images of my brothers hanging out of a Humvee that just got blown to **** by an RPG.
I live with more demons than you sir could remotely imagine. So maybe you should take Jim's advise as well, and not assume you are qualified to judge my life experiences based on whatever you think you know about me via a forum post. Maybe there is a reason I have such strong convictions about this subject.

Good day sir.
Sounds like you have been through a hell of a lot and I never said you didn't. Allot of people handle stuff in different ways, some better then others. If you have been through that and can't understand how someone can take his life then stand behind my first remark. I'm very sorry for your losses, maybe you handled it better. Maybe you didn't catch the disease depression. I'm not judging anyone not in this post nor the first one

Jord

---------- Post added August 15th, 2014 at 01:36 AM ----------

I just want to make clear that this wasn't an attack on you tom. It was me defending someone who can't defend himself anymore. If after this we still disagree. I think it's best to agree to disagree then.

Jord

I don't believe Robin Williams was under any financial stress. He's was reportedly worth over 50 million dollars. He also has 4 films coming out. He got paid 3.5 million dollars for his tv work last year.

Are you forgetting your first post was to call a man you know nothing about a coward? You've now had it explained to you multiple times how your initial position is clearly incorrect yet you not only doubled down on the ignorance, you've now tippled and even quadrupled it? Dude I even posted a cartoon so you might understand..
Then you're all offended buy Jords post?
Yikes..

Good day sir.

I never cared for his style of comedy though I did enjoy "Good Morning Vietnam. That said I feel for his pain. I suffer from depression and have had my share of substance abuse problems. Adding early Parkinsons and all that entails could easily tip the scale. To the people who have a harsh reaction I can only wish that someday you experience the darkness. It would open your eyes and perhaps soften your heart. It's certainly not something anyone chooses.

I heard a report that stated Parkinsons depleted dopamine. Without dopamine you cannot be happy. The report I saw said depression has been linked to early stages of parkinsons. This would make sense to me.

Are you forgetting your first post was to call a man you know nothing about a coward? You've now had it explained to you multiple times how your initial position is clearly incorrect yet you not only doubled down on the ignorance, you've now tippled and even quadrupled it? Dude I even posted a cartoon so you might understand..
Then you're all offended buy Jords post?
Yikes..

My initial position is my personal opinion....and it hasnt changed. It has nothing to do with ignorance, but is based off life experiances.

I wasnt offended that Jord disagreed with me, nor am I offended that you disagree with me. What pissed me off was when he said "From what you said you probably have never really been depressed so you just don't know any better." 100% not the case.
Listen man, you dont have to like other peoples opinions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom