RIP Richard Marcinko, 1st CO of Seal Team 6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

W

Working with then is a bigger PITA than working with commercial divers. Especially for a nuke. SEALs think they are the best. Nukes KNOW they are.
In this particular case, I'd say more specifically it's like nukes know they have to do things according to procedure or, well, things start glowing. That doesn't go well with Marcinko-type antics. Among some of his Vietnam-era stories I've seen described, he once put a monkey in a safe with a grenade and took bets on how long it would take to pull the pin. Another party involvd him bringing a large snake and releasing it near a duck; Marcinko got frustrated (and drunk) waiting for the snake to eat the duck and then tried biting the snake's head off.

Yeah, can't imagine why that type would be a nuke's worst nightmare to work with ...

W

Working with then is a bigger PITA than working with commercial divers. Especially for a nuke. SEALs think they are the best. Nukes KNOW they are.
What is a Nuke?

What is a Nuke?
Naval nuclear operators. We’re high functioning austistic man-babies who are told from the day we’re born that we’re smarter than everyone else.

We use pocket protectors and slide rules for fun.

I thought it was musical instrument.

In this particular case, I'd say more specifically it's like nukes know they have to do things according to procedure or, well, things start glowing. That doesn't go well with Marcinko-type antics. Among some of his Vietnam-era stories I've seen described, he once put a monkey in a safe with a grenade and took bets on how long it would take to pull the pin. Another party involvd him bringing a large snake and releasing it near a duck; Marcinko got frustrated (and drunk) waiting for the snake to eat the duck and then tried biting the snake's head off.

Yeah, can't imagine why that type would be a nuke's worst nightmare to work
What's a slide rule?
Hahaha

Naval nuclear operators. We’re high functioning austistic man-babies who are told from the day we’re born that we’re smarter than everyone else.

We use pocket protectors and slide rules for fun.
Ohhh, I see. It explains a lot. Nothing wrong with high functioning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom