Ring found at Windy Point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PvilleStang

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So since my buddy's not good at posting on here, I'll do it. Yesterday, while cruising around 80 ffw, we were turning the dive on the trees, and as we turned, he looked down to discover a man's wedding ring laying on a nice pile of silt. It would have been aproximately between stair 4 and the border for Barstows and Bob Wentz's parks. If you lost your ring, are male, and know the engravings on it, then you might be able to reconcile your marriage! (just kidding, but it'll make the wife happy)

Kevin

Nice find ol' Mr. Eagle Eye!!!! :)

Not to hijack this thread, but...

On a recent trip to Florida, my dive buddy and I were throwing the football in the surf (no, we weren't diving this day). He tossed a pass that was just outta my reach, and I totally threw my hands up and laid out to catchthe ball (which I did).

When I threw my hands up, my wedding ring flew off my finger! Neither of us saw where it went. It could have been anywhere within a 50 foot radius.

After about a minute of searching I gave up. The surf was raging, and there was no chance of recovering my ring. I began the walk of shame to the beach, to tell my wife the bad news.

Then I heard it. My dive buddy screams out "dude, I found it!". He scooped up a ton of sand and there it was. He said he spotted something shiny out of the corner of his eye and grabbed it. It was almost totally swallowed up by the sand and surf.

I used to pride myself on never taking this ring off. Now I know better, and it doesn't go anywhere near another body of water. I got off easy this time, I doubt I'll be that lucky the next time.

Anyway, that's my story.

That's a good story Bigg_Budd! I once lost my wedding ring at a Winn Dixie picking out a ham in a small open top freezer. I was tossing hams left and right to find that ring.

Debraw:
That's a good story Bigg_Budd! I once lost my wedding ring at a Winn Dixie picking out a ham in a small open top freezer. I was tossing hams left and right to find that ring.
Now that would have been a cool sight...I'm assuming you finally found it :)

Back
Top Bottom