rig diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

holydiver

Reaction score
gotta friend who wants to dive the rigs and need a good recommendation for who to go thru....he also wants to join the swapmers let me know... he has dove many times with me so that should do it i think....DEE let me know

holydiver once bubbled...
...he also wants to join the swapmers let me know... he has dove many times with me so that should do it i think....DEE let me know

Haha...you think so! :wink:

The guy we used to use for the rigs is out of business. I have a couple ear marked to try that have been recommended but can't vouch for them personally...

Boat Dive Charters

Ultra Dive - we have a friend who DM's for this guy occassionally. Says the boat is configured so that all tanks are stored on the bow. I'd make sure I was geared up before I left the dock!

I dove with this operator last year. It was the dive trip from Hell. First dive went fine as we all got under the rig despite a killer current. Second dive, the divemaster decided we did not need to use the tie off rope to the rig and we tried to just dive down the the rig leg.

That was the beginning of the problem. Two divers made the rig leg, 4 divers including the divemaster got caught in the current. Two made it back to the boat and two (including the divemaster) went down current.

As the captain had divers under the rig, he could not leave the rig. He let the two divers drift out of sight in the current for 45 minutes till retrieving them.

Another crew member and a chase boat would have made all that unneccessary but that was not the case.

We may have just had a bad day and I might consider diving with this guy again but the experience was not good.

Also, we had been seeing sharks all day. Tried not to think about that while drifting toward Cuba, hoping the boat would come get us.

Just my experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom