Richard Branson's Blue Hole Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did anyone one else notice the horrible storms and waves? I talked to someone that lives in Belize and they didn't see the storms and horrible weather that was supposedly in the area. Discovery is becoming a big joke lately.

I kept waiting for it to get better but it didn't happen and I lost interest a little over half way through it. The only thing that got me that far was I was waiting for it to get better...

FWIW, I found it a boring dive. The best part was on the 2nd dive when we stayed shallow and just dove on the reef that surrounds the GBH.

:hijack:
For something with a little more substance....

My friends over at the Cambrian Foundation did a trip circa 1995 to the bottom of the Great Blue Hole (on mixed gas) much of it is documented here > Belize Expedition Archives - Cambrian Foundation

I believe that link is kind of the index page with subsequent entries - they actually did get some core samples of the debris mound at the bottom. (The Great Blue Hole is a big 'collapsed karst window' and the debris mound is what’s left of the top... in non-scientific terms... and apologies to all who already know that)

Hope this is helpful for someone who is interested in the Blue Hole...

Back
Top Bottom