Rhode Island New Years Dive "Blue Lip Dip"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

inkabodpain

Reaction score
# of dives
Jan. 1, 2006 - BLUE LIP DIP JAN 1, 2010
Giant Stride Dive Shop will be starting the New Year off with a dive at Fort Weatherill, Jamestown, Rhode Island. This is a free event and all are welcome. Diving will start at around 11:00 am so please arrive early to secure a parking spot. This is a Pot Luck event and a dish and BYOB is encouraged. I will have a tent with a heater and hopefully will see you there. If its pouring rain or blowing a gale we will reschedule to Sunday January 3. Please RSVP so we know how many are to expect. Happy Holidays and a fantastic New Year. I will be diving wet :shakehead:as is the custom for this event but "Drysuit divers" are welcome as well.
blue_lip_dip_2.jpg

I can't dive, my arm will still be in a sling then but, I'll show up with some hot soup and meet some Rogues hopefully.

Looks like shoveling a clearing for the event may be in the cards. I'd love to go, used to snorkel Weatherill years ago and want to meet the crew at Giant Stride as it's the shop I would like to get my cert through if I do it in RI. I've heard nothing but good things and it's down the street from my brother's house. But if I do jump in the bay this year, I'm gonna have to do the penguin plunge. (My uncle's been trying to get me to go from the beginning and I can't use the out of state for the military excuse anymore.) Plus it's a good charity. But, regardless, I intend to meet all y'all (the whole being stationed in the south for the military thing's coming out) when I can.

Anywho,
It was my birthday party today and Sam Adams seems to have crept up on me and put me in a headlock.

Stay diving, stay safe and happy holidays.

Eric

Looks like shoveling a clearing for the event may be in the cards. I'd love to go, used to snorkel Weatherill years ago and want to meet the crew at Giant Stride as it's the shop I would like to get my cert through if I do it in RI. I've heard nothing but good things and it's down the street from my brother's house. But if I do jump in the bay this year, I'm gonna have to do the penguin plunge. (My uncle's been trying to get me to go from the beginning and I can't use the out of state for the military excuse anymore.) Plus it's a good charity. But, regardless, I intend to meet all y'all (the whole being stationed in the south for the military thing's coming out) when I can.

Anywho,
It was my birthday party today and Sam Adams seems to have crept up on me and put me in a headlock.

Stay diving, stay safe and happy holidays.

Eric

Happy Bday hope you had a great day,and thank you for your service. Hope you show up at Whertherill looking forward to meeting as many people as I can. Give the charity a donation it's too cold to be in the water almost naked anyway.and show up:D

Here's a few pics I took during the day. Did those guy shed their gear?! A good time was had by all. I'll be diving next year.

Attachments

• CRIM0066.jpg
    CRIM0066.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 68
  • CRIM0071.jpg
    CRIM0071.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 93
  • CRIM0081.jpg
    CRIM0081.jpg
    435.7 KB · Views: 104
  • CRIM0074.jpg
    CRIM0074.jpg
    408.8 KB · Views: 62
Here's a few pics I took during the day. Did those guy shed their gear?! A good time was had by all. I'll be diving next year.

That is Ed, Bill and Andrey. They do a quick swim after the dive every year.
I was standing at the end of the ramp. Checking people in and out of the water for our annual New Years Day Treasure hunt.

How was the viz in FW? I am tempted to test dry suit repairs and some hmm...new acquired equipment(Thanks Santa!).
Tomek

How was the viz in FW? I am tempted to test dry suit repairs and some hmm...new acquired equipment(Thanks Santa!).
Tomek

That day I was told it was horrible. It's been pretty calm since then so maybe it has improved by now. Good luck.

I may try maybe next weekend.THX.

Tomek

Crappy. We did a dive just after we spread the scallop shells for the Treasure hunt and we had about 3'.

Back
Top Bottom