rhode island Bottle diving etc.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don1125

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am from Rhode Island and want to find old bottles, anchors, military stuff, I have a underwater metal detector and want to find some cool stuff with that too where could i find this kind of stuff?

Last edited:
Newport & Jamestown harbors.
We used to dive there winters for bottles.
You might get a few dives in before the boating season really starts.

I am from Rhode Island and want to find old bottles, anchors, military stuff, I have a underwater metal detector and want to find some cool stuff with that too where could i find this kind of stuff?

I live in Jamestown and there is alot of old stuff in Jamestown and Newport Harbors as pointed out by 2ThDiver. Just be forewarned that there is a very active Archaeological Presence in the Newport area. If you are even seen walking into the water with a detector, there are those who will think nothing of calling the Harbormaster, DEM and the Historical Preservation Commission to report you.
The way the law reads(right or wrong) is that anything that has lain abandoned on the sea bottom in State waters for more than 10 years(yes 10 years) is property of the state and cannot be disturbed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom