rEvo workbench

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

in too deep

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Set up a small workbench to prep the unit. It works well.
IMG_0014.jpeg

'Em tanks need to see some overhead ;-) Otherwise, looks nice! Have you dipped it yet?

@in-depth here are a few things you may want to consider while setting up your rEvo area.

Working on rEvo in a standing position - like your workbench is designed - may not be optimal in all cases. For example, if you want to change things on top of the unit. Of course, it depends on your height and the height of the Milwaukee crates.

If the unit stands upright, I ensure that the trays do not dangle freely. There is just something odd about putting stress on wires, especially if there are other options, so I always make room to place the trays on the table.

A height adjustable desk is probably one of the best options. That's what I use whenever I can, and most of the work I do on a rEvo involves unit laying down on the lung with sorb lid up.

While you're at it, figure out where you want to dry your loop. Two hooks attached to a wall to support the DSV will do.

rEvo uses metric fasteners almost everywhere. A metric hex key set and a flathead screwdriver is about all you need. If you want to route cables through the top of the unit, you'll have to open PG7 glands. The glands supplied with rEvo are not metric. The exact nut size is 14.90mm. You can open the PG7 gland with pliers or 19/32mm vintage SAE wrench where one side of the wrench is wrapped in tape; rEvo also sells a special tool.

Good luck! Start telling your co-workers that you'll be out most of the winter diving. Having experienced Ottawa winters, I can't think of a better activity ;-)

@in-depth here are a few things you may want to consider while setting up your rEvo area.

Working on rEvo in a standing position - like your workbench is designed - may not be optimal in all cases. For example, if you want to change things on top of the unit. Of course, it depends on your height and the height of the Milwaukee crates.

If the unit stands upright, I ensure that the trays do not dangle freely. There is just something odd about putting stress on wires, especially if there are other options, so I always make room to place the trays on the table.

A height adjustable desk is probably one of the best options. That's what I use whenever I can, and most of the work I do on a rEvo involves unit laying down on the lung with sorb lid up.

While you're at it, figure out where you want to dry your loop. Two hooks attached to a wall to support the DSV will do.

rEvo uses metric fasteners almost everywhere. A metric hex key set and a flathead screwdriver is about all you need. If you want to route cables through the top of the unit, you'll have to open PG7 glands. The glands supplied with rEvo are not metric. The exact nut size is 14.90mm. You can open the PG7 gland with pliers or 19/32mm vintage SAE wrench where one side of the wrench is wrapped in tape; rEvo also sells a special tool.

Good luck! Start telling your co-workers that you'll be out most of the winter diving. Having experienced Ottawa winters, I can't think of a better activity ;-)
Thank you for the great info, definitely something to think about.
The Packout, I felt was a great option to do basic stuff like remove and replace cylinders, canister, drysuit inflation and install filled srcubbers. Drying the loop , I can install a hook on the rack just behind it.
When needed, I have a folding table I can set up to do other work.
We dive all year round except the extreme cold temps where things freeze and break.

How will it work when someone knocks your high wheeled trolley no bench to work on thing over

Just call me the angel of what ifs and work in direct opposition to that other angel of I told you so

and give all those saddles and nuts and bolts to someone with a legitimate purpose for the things

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom