Revo sliding backplate - why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wibble

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What's the purpose of the Revo sliding backplate thing? It's between the wing and your back, but behind the lower "backplate" (as in the waist mounting).

Does it keep the wing more stable?

Why does it slide?

Just curious.

If you’re referencing the white one, it’s to reduce strain for taller divers. If you’re, say, 2.05m, the bottom of the Revo case will sit on your lower back and be especially aggravating if scootering. As a solution, slide it down upon standing up in your rig and it’ll act like a longer backplate. An alternative to a stand to do something similar.

i find it helps relieve strain even if your shorter -as an experiment if you slide it down after say an hour then youll instantly feel the benefit

Also known as the cheese board or cutting board.

Yes on the back relief. Following the instructions the rEvo sits fairly high up on the diver's back. This just makes the rEvo taller and more comfortable. Some people won't notice it, but for many it is a great feature to have.

Thanks all. I have a Kent Tooling stand which does a similar thing.

I removed the stand today in an attempt to find out how much it weighs in advance of a foreign trip in a few weeks.

On another tack - maybe for a new thread - what’s the Pelican Case that fits the Revo Mini? Will it fit into a 1607? Need to have something light enough to fly with; I’ve booked 26kg for this trip but normally have to fit within 23kg

If you’re referencing the white one, it’s to reduce strain for taller divers. If you’re, say, 2.05m, the bottom of the Revo case will sit on your lower back and be especially aggravating if scootering. As a solution, slide it down upon standing up in your rig and it’ll act like a longer backplate. An alternative to a stand to do something similar.
ironic that you know this :p

Back
Top Bottom