Review: Pinnacle Lycra Hood, one size fits all

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deco_martini

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I bought one of these for about 20 bucks from some online outfit before I went to Belize. I've tried a squid cap in the past and a thin neoprene hood. The squid cap came off too easily and thin neoprene hoods are kind of overkill for warm Caribbean diving.

I like to have some form of exposure protection over my ears since I learned the trick of holding my light still on a night dive until I have a swarm of bloodworms in front of it and then put my light behind my partners head. As long as he still wants to get me back, I want my ears to have protection from anything being able to wriggle into them.

The hood felt tight the first time I put it on. After a week of diving it felt fine. I stayed warm, I kept crap out of my ears, and it was easy to get on/off. Only time will tell if it holds up to wear/tear but for simple exposure protection for Caribbean and tropical Atlantic diving I felt this is the best item I've tried yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom