Review of Shark Reef aquarium dive at Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good question; I'm not sure. If you're asking whether it'll be hard to walk or get out of the water with a bum knee, don't worry; it's not that heavy. They help you get in and out of it too; it's easier than you'd think. If you're asking about getting your weight right, don't worry; there's a shallow, gated section where you enter, where they give you ample opportunity to check your buoyancy and add or subtract weight as needed. They don't rush you at all. They make sure everything is working (including the comms; my first one didn't, but they replaced it) and you're 100% comfortable and ready. I was really impressed with their people skills, as they manage to be cautious without undermining confidence and helpful while still being respectful.

As for pics, they don't let you take your own camera, but they do put together a video to remember your experience. I'm not posting the whole video because I'm shy about putting my full name and face out there, but I'll try to upload a couple low-quality screen grabs to give you a sense.

Thought maybe your family took pics from outside the tank

Back
Top Bottom