Restringing a Reel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase a LM 400' Primary Reel. I am planning on restringing it with either thicker line or the Dacron line. Is there a written technique or video on the correct way to do it?

DRIS sells them and I will most likely purchase it from them. Anyone know if they restring? I assume it will be for a fee.

I believe you can order one with #36 line on it already if you want. I bought a spool of #36 line from Amazon to put on my reel. It is not hard to do unless you want the line perfectly flat. Many will also put knots every ten feet for reference.

This may sound odd, but the best way to restring reels is find as tall a building as you can and let the line out so it untwists, then reel it up on your LM....Sounds silly I know but the line will 'behave' better underwater and lay flater on the reel...Put a little weight on the spool[the one the line is comimg off of ] and you'll get a nice snug wrap......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom