Respect for limits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hang out on the Cave Diver forum for a while . . . for every rule you've ever been taught, you can find people who break it and defend doing so, or people who have to deal with folks who apparently weren't taught properly or didn't remember anything they WERE taught once they were out of class.

Chillingly, sometimes those people die.

Well, since we have personally dove with several people who are on this forum and know that they actually are in person as they appear online, I don't think it is unreasonable to assume that at least some others online are as they are in real life.

That isn't what I meant.

I was trying to say that Scubaboarders, Divematrixers, TDSers, etc. are not representative of divers as a whole. We're people who are so obsessed with diving that when we aren't in the water, we're online talking about it. It's more than a hobby; it's a passion. People who occasionally get on a boat and plow through a dive as an excuse to drink beer? Not so much. (I assume there is a parallel in cave country)

Are representative of our individual selves? I hope so.

(I assume there is a parallel in cave country)

You may indeed have nailed it right on the head, then... not what I thought you meant, sorry.

I am sure that every type of diving has these types of folks in it, just like just about every activity known to humanity... the problem is, very few leisure activities can get people with this attitude killed as quickly as cave diving.

Scubaboard isn't representative of the entire diving community, though, you are dead on about that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom