resort with good house reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big fish63

Contributor
Reaction score
as per the thread title, i am looking for a resort with a good house reef i can get some good practice in with my new video rig... ideally looking for somewhere not to deep and a good range of marine life maybe somewhere comparable to mabul or seaventures house reef (minus the depth)...

If you like reefs on walls, Curacao has some high marks. That has its depth issues though. Florida Keys has lots off shallow reefs.

thanks, but i posted this in the philippines forum because thats where im going.

Planet dive in Anilao has "Twin rocks" as its house reef. I have not stayed at the resort but have dived there.
Excellent dive site. Definitely comparable to Mabul
Shallow as you want to go, 5-10 m no problem. Full of fish and good macro.
One of the best dives in Anilao. Based on my experience diving in the Philippines, this is the best house reef in country.

Exotic in Malapascua has a good "house reef"(not much coral but lots of macro subjects) however access is by boat. Its shallow (10m max) & has great viss. Its about 200-400m from the beach.

There are also some good beach dives in Dumaguete. El dorado resort had a decent house reef of the beach.

Last edited:
+ 1 for Planet Dive, Anilao. Twin Rocks (which is a marine protected sanctuary-and the best at that in the area compared to other MPA namely Arthur's and Cathedral), is just a shore entry dive site if you're staying at Planet Dive. Accomodations are cheap but don't expect a luxurious type of room. It has just the basic amenities of an aircon and a shower heater. Just make sure that you demand a room that has a working shower heater as there are some rooms where the heater had conked out and to repair the same requires the unit being brought to Manila (a good 3 hours away).

Also, don't expect excellent food, just the edible type to satisfy your hunger. You can bring-in some canned goods though or some other preserved foods, should you find their cuisine unbearable, and you'll not be charged corkage for it.

For other inquiries, they have a website which you can look into.

+1 for Planet Dive. There is a resident school of jacks there that would give your new video rig a workout. Then there are also a lot of accessible dives just a short boat ride away. This school of jacks are there most every dive.

5387285776_0446e1bbbb_z.jpg

5387293650_0d0139f464.jpg

+1 for Planet Dive. There is a resident school of jacks there that would give your new video rig a workout. Then there are also a lot of accessible dives just a short boat ride away. This school of jacks are there most every dive.

5387285776_0446e1bbbb_z.jpg

5387293650_0d0139f464.jpg

Might also try Dive n Trek which has a very nice house reef. These are both in Anilao, about two and half hours drive from Manila.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom