researching lights...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BelikinBob

Registered
Reaction score
I am now researching lights, but dont even know what questions to ask, and what is out there...
Ive seen HID, LED, and some others, all I know for sure is i cannot affors the canister HID lights :)

some help please.

My diving is north east great lakes/st lawrence and fingerlakes. I will also be diving in the tropics, and at night,

I would like to use the light as a supplement to my camera flash.

thanks!!!
Bob

well, I have found the UK cannon for $158, I think that would be the absolute most I could spend.

Stick with the light cannon. Good light. Has some drawbacks but nothing you're going to fix in your price range.

Yep, probably the best light you're going to get for under $200.

The UK HID is the same light Im looking at for my AOW night dive. It seems to offer the most bang for the buck in that price range, and it will make a good backup light when I eventually get a canister light.

split0101:
The UK HID is the same light Im looking at for my AOW night dive. It seems to offer the most bang for the buck in that price range, and it will make a good backup light when I eventually get a canister light.

It won't make a good backup light (if you mean a backup that you dive with) as its too big to really stow anywhere and being HID, it's as prone to failure as your can light will be. Small LED's (1 to 3W) would probably make the best backup lights since they are pretty much indestructible.

loosebits:
It won't make a good backup light (if you mean a backup that you dive with) as its too big to really stow anywhere and being HID, it's as prone to failure as your can light will be. Small LED's (1 to 3W) would probably make the best backup lights since they are pretty much indestructible.
It'll make a good backup primary light.

If my canister light crapped out, I'd rather do a dive on my "backup" light cannon than a Tec 40 :wink:

I'm refering to the backup light that you carry with you in case your primary fails during the dive.

Back
Top Bottom