Research Survey on Overfishing (Open to All Divers!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello!

I've been a longtime lurker here. I am currently a student at a university in Chicago and I am doing research on overfishing.

This issue is near and dear to my heart because there's fewer marine life due to human activities, which greatly impacts our hobby.

If you one minute to spare (the average completion time is 1 minute), please complete this 10-question survey on overfishing. Your responses are appreciated and results will be used to educate my class on the impact of overfishing on the marine ecosystem.

If you have any thoughts about sustainable fishing, please feel free to comments. I'd like to hear from fellow divers!

Thanks!

Overfishing Survey

I cannot submit the survey. It requires answers to #8 and #9, which would just be guesses on my part. Why are my guesses relevant? This is how BS gets created....lots of people guessing without any facts.

I cannot submit the survey. It requires answers to #8 and #9, which would just be guesses on my part. Why are my guesses relevant? This is how BS gets created....lots of people guessing without any facts.

It's to determine the general population's knowledge of overfishing.

I appreciate your feedback.

Done.

Had trouble with #8 and #9 as well. For our local region this data on our fisheries isn't known or documented. Guessing blindly on a global scale makes even less sense for me to speculate on.

I could parrot back a few of the estimates (depending who crunches the data and which data is used) but I'm not sure what this will show you, particularly as they aren't all within the range of possible answers you provided?

Perhaps you have a "right answer" in mind for #8 and #9 and are interested if the dive community agrees with it (or reads and believes the same reports?)

Would you be willing to enlighten me in which way my responses will be used educate your class on the impact of overfishing? Particularly my guess at #8 and #9. The answers I would have guessed based on the research I've read was not within the range of your options.

Cameron

Guessing blindly on a global scale makes even less sense for me to speculate on.
I think that's the point of his survey: to show that peeps don't have a clue about it.

I think that's the point of his survey: to show that peeps don't have a clue about it.

Hey! If so, that's my kind of survey, I excel at demonstrating ignorance! I'm equally bad at guessing the number of chickens or brown eyed babies born this year. I can't even account with certainty for the number of fish I've eaten in the past month.

Cameron

Fish is not a food, Fish is a friend!

once I heard this from one nice Egyptian guide when study OWD course ... And I agree with it! :)

Survey done from my side.

h-4107.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom