Rescuing an unconscious diver underwater.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were taught to add air to the victims BC. That way, if I lose hold of them, then at least I can meet them on the surface instead back on the bottom. DCS from an uncontrolled ascent is better than dead.

My wing is sized to handle a failure of my bouyancy suit. I'm not sure it is enough to bring up a diver that is severely overweighted on its own without some help from their bouyancy system or possibly dropping some of their/my weights if, for example, they had a hole in their BC.

Also, be sure your diver is bouyant before pulling his BC off. If they are in a drysuit and have a weight belt on, they could be very negative if they have had a suit failure or there is no air in the suitor they have too much weight on the belt. Be sure you have a good hold of them or all their weights off before taking their BC/Wing off of them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom