Rescue Certified!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where was your buddy while this was going on?

:eek:

strfsh once bubbled...
I needed you on my night dive. I tried to surface, but I was in the kelp and it would not let me ascend. It was really scary watching everyone else leave me and being alone in the dark. Yes I had a light, but I was to busy trying to free the kelp to use it. Eventually I broke the kelp and surfaced. I was paniking though...BIG TIME!!!

I did use the light when the dib=vers were still in view. I gave the distressed signal, but I guess they didn't get it...*sigh*...they kept going up. All turned out fine in the end...:)

Where was your buddy while this was going on?

well, we weren't officially buddied up and an instructor was with us. I signaled the closest diver when I knew I was in trouble and they looked at me, but continued up. I talked to them after and they said they didn't know what to do. I think they should have said something once they had surfaced. The instructor said he looked under and saw me coming up. I think that was after the count was done and I was missing. I think he saw me when I had broken free. It was a scary experience and a good learning one also. From now on I will insist on having an official buddy.

I'm really glad I experienced a night dive and I would love to do another one. :)

I put the balme on myself. I was not clear on if we had buddies. We were diving as a group. I also should have known not to swim through the kelp, but I didn't see it until I was in it. I should have backed out. I also should not have paniced. I almost drowned myself. So, I did learn some things...:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom