Request help identifying an old scuba regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cris1990

New
Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently acquired an older regulator that looks unlike any I have seen before.
There are no manufacturer markings anywhere on the regulator first or second stages.
I took it to some local scuba shops and the guys hadn't ever seen one like it either.
I have looked all over the web and still I cannot find anything that looks like it.
Any help about this unit would be greatly appreciated!

Please note that the thumbnails below open to much larger photos.

Thanks!

- Cris

It looks like a Seapro reg to me.I have one with a different first stage.Your first stage looks original.A weird looking reg for sure.Looks like you are missing the orange rubber cover that goes on the orange reg.It says Seapro fail safe system on it.They came in a blue plastic/rubber also.

First of all welcome to the vintage site, have trawled through my files and you have found an odd design the only reg i have on file which comes close is the "Watergill FSDS-100" keeping fingers crossed that others will cast some light in your direction and solve the identity. WATERGILL (1).jpgWATERGILL  (2).jpgWATERGILL SEAPRO (2).jpgWATERGILL  SEAPRO (3).jpg

Cris, If you go to the "scubacollector web page and follow the links to reg manufacturers under "W" there's more facts to the "Watergill" so it may be a long shot the reg you have just might be one of a few making it something hanging onto

I was told that the 1st stage has 2 pistons that work independently from one another. If one fails the other will still work. The Seapro 2nd stage regulators I have are the same as yours except the octo has a blue body with orange cover. The black body with ghetto chrome cover is truly cheezy but I love it. Neither has the rubber cover that says Fail Safe. I dove with mine last fall and they breathe amazingly well.

Water Gill, later changed the name to Sea Pro (or was it vice a versa) made two regulators;
The 100 & the 200
With out consulting notes this appears to be a 200
Has a double first stage with a built in leak..If the diver stopped breathing for a specified time one of the first stages leaked and auto inflated the At Pac.

It was designed by Larry Scott, who is retired some where in SoCal.

Not overly rare but certainly unique and some whatcollectable as a odd ball reg

Apparently there is an ample supply of modern late model tube sucking bubble blowers who own dive shops today who have no knowledge of dive history ..

sdm

Water Gill, later changed the name to Sea Pro (or was it vice a versa) made two regulators;
The 100 & the 200
With out consulting notes this appears to be a 200
Has a double first stage with a built in leak..If the diver stopped breathing for a specified time one of the first stages leaked and auto inflated the At Pac.

It was designed by Larry Scott, who is retired some where in SoCal.

Not overly rare but certainly unique and some whatcollectable as a odd ball reg

Apparently there is an ample supply of modern late model tube sucking bubble blowers who own dive shops today who have no knowledge of dive history ..

sdm

:rofl3: I absolutely love that Sam.....and it's so true.

Thank you very much for the help on this, guys. I'd never have been able to figure this one out without yall's assistance!

- Cris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom